Why is Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) needed for IT Services?
Why would a software require annual maintenance contract renewed?
The purpose is to preserve the value of the software over time. The value can be enhanced by meeting additional requirements, becoming easier to use, increasing efficiency, and employing and staying up-to-date with newer technology.
Top most reason is “Peace of Mind”. But this is more of a result of AMC so we will list reasons behind it:
- Websites could go down for any reason like software or hardware upgrades, hosting issues. Hosting companies may not even proactively report it to the client. So you may not get alert for days unless someone specifically reports it to you. Your leads will simply go away with a bad impression.
- Your website might get hacked and you need someone to fix it. Many times, hackers leave a really insulting message that might hurt your reputation.
- You might want to make some changes but the person who developed your website is no longer reachable. But you can’t hold him responsible since he delivered the website per contract but there was no AMC in place.
- Bonus: Your team has made some changes by mistake and your website has stopped working. There was no backup! This is a huge responsibility. We have invested heavily in tools to ensure your website is safe.
Creating an Effective Maintenance Plan: What should you include?
Effective maintenance planning is essential to the overall maintenance environment. The maintenance plan's contents, which include the actual work, instructions, schedule, workers, license renewal, minor change requests and free works (agreed by contractors), guide all the maintenance work activities.
Depend on plans and budgets, you may not have the a following services including but not limited to:
- Daily Automated Backup
- Backup available worth 60 days
- Rollback once a quarter for free
- Monthly rollback if needed
- Weekly automated report
- Daily monitoring
- Security checks
- Minor changes like address or image change
- Entry level maintenance
Benefits of Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC)
Let’s have a look at how investing in an AMC can benefit your company:
AMC is Not an Expense; It’s an Investment
Manufacturers need to maintain and update their ERP software to ensure it stays current with new technology. An annual maintenance contract ensures you keep your ERP system up-to-date and functioning at its best.
Your savings will be more
- You will not have many unexpected IT expenses since your contract amount with the provider covers all of your maintenance cost. You will not be affected by the ups and downs in the IT infrastructure market.
- You will save not only the salary, visa and medical insurance of your inhouse IT persons but also the office space and infrastructure required for them.
- You will get services and equipment at the best available price in the market because professional IT service providers are partners with various good brands and you will get things at the direct lesser price from them.
AMC leaves no gap for glitches
Technology keeps evolving and so will your manufacturing ERP. The most advanced features you are using now may become obsolete in the coming years. A set of more innovative functionalities may hit the market and you will have to stay updated to stay competitive. AMC ensures regular updates and bug fixes. It allows your software to run smoothly, without any hurdles. From providing regular IT support to resolving bugs/issues, everything is taken care of by the ERP provider.
When there are no glitches in using the software, users can leverage the software’s complete functionality, without hassles. As a result, AMC, along with providing updates, also drives business productivity and employee efficiency.
Access latest features and new functionality
If you cut corners and don’t pay the maintenance charges as per the AMC, you will save money but not in a long run. Without an AMC, organizations are not eligible for timely updates or access to the remote help desk – if they want these services, they need to pay a fee, which may include a penalty.
The latest features and new functionality are paramount to keep your business running competitively. When you pay the regular maintenance cost, you get well-timed updates with features, functionality, service packs, new version releases, minor updates, and enhancements.
Enrollment in an ERP Maintenance Plan gives your organization access to breakthrough releases that will keep you current and help increase your organization’s speed, performance, and productivity.
Continual support from the vendor
Companies that are covered under a maintenance plan will get support during a software malfunction. Software professionals and consultants will help you to ensure the software functions smoothly.
Protect your investment by keeping your solution up-to-date and running at peak performance. Updates not only help ensure legal and regulatory compliance but also help keep your solution running securely and uninterrupted.
Software companies fix both major and minor bugs throughout an ERP’s life. When you have an annual maintenance contract, the ERP software developer addresses any minor bugs, provides you with the latest version, and keeps the solution performing at its optimum level – this helps businesses increase ROI while eliminating roadblocks.
Support tools and training give your employees the ability to resolve small technical issues on their own, enhancing overall productivity.
Security is the topmost concern for every business owner. With AMC, the service provider is wholly and solely responsible for 24/7 surveillance and provides regular updates for your ERP system. They ensure maximum uptime and you always have someone reliable to fall back on, whenever required.
If you want to keep pace with technology, it is better to stay consistent with the annual maintenance contract. Whether you are a small business or a multinational corporation, an annual maintenance contract is important. To know more, feel free to contact us.
Your IT systems will have long life
Preventive and routine maintenance will provide higher efficiency and longevity to your devices.
- Maintenance planning ensures sustaining the proper working condition of the equipment.
- Essential contents of any effective program are exhaustive inventory of assets, identification of the specific maintenance tasks, their alignment to specific assets, reasonable maintenance schedule, indication of the appropriate skill set for each maintenance task, prediction regarding spare parts consumption and specification of the work that contractors will do.
- Omitting any of above mentioned essential contents is likely to result in a weakened plan.
TIGOSOFT is involved in rendering Annual Maintenance Contract Services. These services are rendered under the direction of skillful personnel who have prosperous industry proficiency.